Monday 28 April 2014

Rev

A quick entry to mark your cards that one of my favourite TV series Rev is coming to an end tonight at 10 PM on BBC 2. For those of you who don't know Rev stars Tom Hollander as Adam Smallbone, the reverend in an inner city London church. Up to this point Adam has been struggling to find the funds to keep the church going, after being investigated and cleared of unprofessional conduct Adam finally resigned in the previous episode. Last weeks episode ended with the church being closed and a lovely cameo from Liam Neeson as god, I have no idea what will happen tonight but I have a feeling its going to be a bitter sweet ending.

I will say this though, I've noticed that the theme of this series seems to be "the passion" based on the following:


  1. Adam loaned a cross to a nearby church for a procession and proceeded to carry it himself while being taunted by passers by akin to Christ.
  2. Colin denied knowing Adam as Peter denied knowing Christ.
  3. Adam was betrayed over a kiss and by the church treasurer.
  4. The Bishop washed his hands after delivering last weeks verdict.
I'm sure there are more but I didn't spot them, anyway lets raise a glass to Rev and hope it ends on a high... 

No comments:

Post a Comment