Friday 11 January 2019

Andy Murray

Earlier today at a press conference Andy Murray announced his plans to retire this year. He hopes to retire at Wimbledon but fears next weeks Australian Open could be his last tournament. His comments include;

"I'm not sure I'm able to play through the pain for another four or five months,"

"I want to get to Wimbledon and stop but I'm not certain I can do that."

"I'm not feeling good, I've been struggling for a long time."
"I've been in a lot of pain for about 20 months now. I've pretty much done everything I could to try and get my hip feeling better and it hasn't helped loads."
"I'm in a better place than I was six months ago but I'm still in a lot of pain. I can still play to a level, but not a level I have played at."

I for one will be sorry to see Andy retire, I've always been a fan of tennis and have traded tennis live as a job at times during my life meaning that tennis is one of my most watched and enjoyed sports. Andy Murray has taken tennis to another level where in the UK its not just something that happens for a fortnight in the summer during Wimbledon. My earliest memories of Andy are of a young skinny players throwing up on court as his skills had taken him as far as his body.
He would later mature into a player of immense power and a style that included many engrossing baseline rallies. My personal highlight of his career was the 2012 London Olympic gold medal win which would catapult him to winning the US Open and Wimbledon over the next year.
Andy, this blogger wishes you all the best in retirement and will be continuing to cheer you on until you retire. Its been a crazy ride that you've taken your fans on over the years and trust me when I say that we enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment