Thursday 24 January 2019

The Big Finish Catch-Up November 2018

For those of you new to this section of the blog, I started listening to the Big Finish Doctor Who releases when they started back in 1999, getting them as they were released up to mid 2002 and release No 33 Neverland. At that time I left Uni and due to being a bit busy with life and what not I only heard one or two releases over the next few years. I started getting back into them around 2008 and was 6 years behind at that point. Due to wondering off into the Lost Doctor range and a relaxed listening pace I fell further behind. In order to catch up I'm listening to two releases a month (or more when its a 60 min single disc release, plus without seeing the cover or knowing anything about the story) and my mission to catch up continues;


Legend of the Cybermen - the finale of this main range trilogy starring Colin Baker and Frazer Hines as the 6th Doctor and Jamie is a big soppy 10/10 from me. Do not listen to this story without hearing the first two parts as this is a tightly knitted trilogy. The last story ended with us finding out where this story is set and it should throw up fond memories for long term fans. We get more of this location and much more detail than we got on TV and it enriches the story as well as this we have the plot continuing from the first two stories. There are plenty of twists with some familiar faces I can very much recommend this story albeit as part of the trilogy.

1963: The Assasination Game - at this point I need to point out a change to this catch up marathon. Due to financial reasons I have been unable to purchase the next batch of stories. Rather than stop I've gone into future stories I've bought on sale and various non main range stories I've bought over the years. This story was released in the tail end of 2013 and is part of the main range anniversary released featuring the 7th Doctor and Ace meeting up with the Counter Measures team. In all honesty its rather dull and lacks flair coming in at a rather average 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment