Saturday 25 April 2015

Thoughts going into the General Election

It can't have escaped your attention ladies and gentle readers that we're on the verge of another General Election here in the UK. After five or so years of the Conservative and Liberal Democrats coalition running the country its time for us all to cast our votes and decide who we want for the next five years. I'll be honest, I'm rather disillusioned going into this election and thought I put my thoughts on the parties vying for my vote down on the blog;

Conservatives

I don't trust them, they are weak have no empathy and appear to not understand the country they represent. I grew up in the 80's and my earliest political memories are my parents struggling to make ends meet during Thatchers reign. The country is in a mess, David Cameron is a puppet leader and is incapable of original thought, reads endless spin that is put in front of him by marketing people. More importantly they have no plan and appear to be in denial about the state of the country.


Greens

I've ummed and arred about voting Green for the past three years, for every policy they come up with I like they come up with another that's bat shit crazy.


Labour

For the last few years in Gordon Browns premiership they were awful and they've under performed in opposition against a weak coalition. I don't trust this generation of Labour MP's and bar about 30% I think they are as inept as the Tories. Also living in a safe Labour area I think my MP has under performed and Aberavon has suffered, it feels like it could be time to change my vote.


Liberal Democrats

They are now untrustable, they have failed to moderate the Tories and have become enablers. Everything they've come out with the last few weeks seems to be ignoring the last five years and I seriously think they could lose a lot of seats.


Plaid Cymru

I have no interest in Wales going it alone and don't even consider Plaid a Welsh party, rather a North Welsh party.


UK Independence Party

A bunch of Tory extremists who have few if any policies I'm interested in, say nothing to me and have failed to represent the UK at MEP level.


So there you have it, my thoughts in brief and I'm rather undecided about where to cast my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment