Sunday 15 April 2018

American Psycho

I recently watched American Psycho for the first time in ages, the following are my thoughts following the film;

Does Patrick Bateman actually kill anyone? I keep coming up with reasons for yes and no, its fascinating that few films leave such a lingering question such as this.

Due to later films and parts taken by the cast we see Batman kill the Joker and get questioned about it by the Green Goblin.

I really like the 80's aesthetic.

Phil Collins has never sounded the same since the first time I watched this film.

Its a good touch that the person we see Bateman nearly kill is Jean, as she's the only potential victim who is a constant in his daily life.

Patrick Batemans final line as Jean finds is notebook is a nice touch.

Normally films with a "narrow narrative" annoy me but it fits perfectly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment