Sunday 13 May 2018

The Big Finish Catch-Up March 2018

For those of you new to this section of the blog, I started listening to the Big Finish Doctor Who releases when they started back in 1999, getting them as they were released up to mid 2002 and release No 33 Neverland. At that time I left Uni and due to being a bit busy with life and what not I only heard one or two releases over the next few years. I started getting back into them around 2008 and was 6 years behind at that point. Due to wondering off into the Lost Doctor range and a relaxed listening pace I fell further behind. In order to catch up I'm listening to two releases a month (or more when its a 60 min single disc release, plus without seeing the cover or knowing anything about the story) and my mission to catch up continues;

Hot House, An enjoyable one disc story featuring the 8th Doctor and Lucie. Focusing on big business and one of the few TV stories/monsters I'm not familiar with. Enjoyable but edited and chopped to bits - needed longer. 5/10

Mind Games, a fun story in the "the worlds of Doctor Who" box set featuring Jago and Litefoot. Lots of fun with the odd touch of terror and I look forward to seeing where this box set goes. 6/10

Survival of the Fittest / Kleins Story, a really good set of stories featuring the 7th Doctor and Klein. Absolutely brilliant story with the first filling in Kleins back story and the later being a clever story ending on a cracking cliffhanger. 8/10

City of Spires, a proper fun story featuring the 6th Doctor and Jamie. Not only fun but intriguing and it feels like the start of an ongoing story to the extent where it may go up a rating depending on what happens later in the story arc. Also an interesting cast note featuring Georgia Moffett who I feel like I've watched grow up - I first became aware of her in an earlier release in this range Red Dawn. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment