Wednesday 19 February 2014

Top TV

Today dear reader I'd like to take you on a journey back in time to two weeks ago. Picture it, it was a dark stormy night and there I sat flicking through the TV in order to find something decent on after the football had ended. As the thunder clapped I accepted defeat and settled on the news which over the past few weeks has been taken over by the weather forecasters. Bored by the news (whose main story was that it was raining) I turned on my phone to see what was going down on twitter.

The first tweets to appear were all along the lines of "wow that was fantastic" "brilliant comedy" "amazing." I found myself intrigued - as well as curious, what were these people watching? A quick look at the hashtag showed they had all been watching something called Inside No. 9.


I was a bit taken aback as from the look of it this was the kind of show I'm usually all over yet it had passed me by. Thankfully it was on the BBC so thirty minutes later I started watching it on the iPlayer. Thirty minutes after that I watched it again! Ladies and Gentlereaders this show is absolutely brilliant and I strongly urge you to give it a watch.

Its a series of standalone episodes with a different location, cast and characters each week so no need to worry about missing an episode. Its written by Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton best known for The League of Gentlemen who also appear in each episode with a guest cast ranging from Denis Lawson (nice shooting Wedge) to Anna Chancellor (Duckface) and Julian Rhind-Tutt (whose been my tip for the next Doctor Who for a decade). Best described as Tales of the Unexpected with an edge if you enjoy your comedy dark and with the odd twist this show is for you. 10 'o' Clock Wednesday night, go on you know you want to give it a watch or if your busy this is the type of show the iPlayer was designed to make unmissable.



No comments:

Post a Comment