Tuesday 17 June 2014

A day with your album collection

I write this blog on the evening of 17/06/14, today I woke up feeling tired and not knowing what to do with myself, after a lazy lie in and morning trip to town I suddenly had an urge to hear a song I hadn't played in ages. Due to a house move move of my album collection is located in two chests (the non mp3 download section of it that is) and in digging the out the album I found a shed load of stuff I hadn't heard in ages and had forgot I had.

To my surprise I own two Idlewild albums - I thought I only had one single of a particular track I liked but no they were one of those bands I took a risk with and it didn't pay off. I also found I owned Too-Rye-Ay by Dexys Midnight Runners which has a classic live version of Come on Eileen which has been played very loudly this afternoon.

From the recent stuff I think my most relistened to albums of the past ten years or so are Lungs by Florence and the Machine and Late Registration by Kanye West. Although there is a good chance Ladyhawke by Ladyhawke will overtake them.

Also looking at the recent purchases there is a lot of 90's stuff I didn't get at he time like Cassanova by The Divine Comedy and Odelay by Beck.

Anyway ladies and gentle readers to the point of this blog, every so often if you love your music you've just got to take a day and geek out to your record collection. I sign off this entry to the blog with a video of my favourite live track in my collection:



No comments:

Post a Comment