Wednesday 27 August 2014

Debt

Today I wrote the biggest cheque I had written in years, it was to a company called Robinson Way Ltd and was the final payment of a credit card debt that got out of control in early 00's. Over the years I've had this debt I have gone through gaps in employment, periods on benefit yet never missed a payment. Despite that this collections agency and many like it have acted like complete and utter shits. They have made threats to try and make me up monthly payment accounts, bombarded me with phone calls to try and make me pay by direct debit and sent collection agents (who have left with a flea in their ear) to my house despite the fact I have never missed a payment.

My life now goes on without this company anywhere near it, they have been unable to put late payments on my credit file or adversely affect me since the debt became more than 7 years old. Anyone else currently dealing with a collections agency over a debt that got out of control I'd like to say, keep your head, be firm about the amount you can pay, keep the monthly payments up and never give them access to your bank account. But most importantly insist you will only communicate with them via email, there is no place in the modern world for "account executives" sitting in a call centre calling people who are financially struggling to extort more money out of them.

If you get through it trust me, the feeling of relief is immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment