Wednesday 15 March 2017

The Last Guardian - Initial Thoughts

Gather around lady and gentle readers for I have a tale to tell, once upon a time on a console a long time ago a game called 'Shadow of the Colossus' was released. I didn't play but I found out about it a few years later, as it sounded like my kind of game I vowed to play the next game the team released, low and behold over a decade later they have released 'The Last Guardian' and I've got my grubby mitts on it!


This is not a main stream game, if FIFA or first person shoot ups is your jam there is nothing for you here, off you pop. If on the other hand you loved platform puzzle games this is for you. Its a proper platform puzzle game which doesn't hold your hand as much as other games - if you can't figure out how to proceed your going to be stumped. I'm four hours in and am loving this, the star of the game is Trico - a cute bizarre cat/dog/bird creature who is possibly the best AI non playable character I've ever come across.

The whole game is based around the relationship between Trico and the as yet unnamed playable child. Part of the landscaped is based around the child and half Trico - which means neither can escape the situation they find themselves in at the start of the game. The bond with Trico is so strong you will find yourself running over to cwtch him whenever he's upset - also he's saved the boys life so many times already. If you fancy something different this game is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment