Tuesday 3 October 2017

Doctor Foster

Good afternoon lady and gentle readers, for those of you unaware this evening is the final episode of the second series of Doctor Foster a drama on BBC 1. I for one wont be watching and haven't been watching since week one. Allow me to explain why...

Episode one was a slow build up of tension for the titular Doctor Foster with her ex husband that result in her taking her wedding ring off and melting it in acid. After 55 minutes of build up I was left feeling non-plussed and asking myself 'is that it?' In short it was an episode of building up to nothing, in a cinema for a two hour film this is acceptable not on a TV show where we have a week between episodes.

On mentioning tonights episode to my sister about tonights episode I asked if anything had actually happened yet. Her answer was 'no.' I'm so glad I got out of this show when I did, three weeks of build up to something is my idea of poor TV. If anyone is still watching I hope you're enjoying it but for the rest of us endless buildup isn't enough. It is poor pacing of a TV series and I for one will not be risking tuning in if there is a third series.

No comments:

Post a Comment